I created this website when our dog had puppies in June 2014
We wanted to use the website to attract interested, caring, reliable dog owners for our dog’s puppies and to keep in touch with interested families, giving them regular updates and pictures of the puppies as they were growing up.
WHAT I DID
The dog breeder website design includes:
- a newsletter signup option so that potential owners would receive weekly updates about the puppies
- a gallery of pictures of all the puppies
- an individual gallery of pictures of each puppy
- a blog so that we could write regular puppy updates
- contact information
- a page of information about the parents of the puppies
The newsletter signup feature was really useful as we could see the amount of interest in the puppies. Weekly newsletters were automatically mailed to those who had signed up. These newsletters consisted of a round up of the blog posts for the week. The newsletter software showed us who had opened the emails, how often they had opened them, whether they had clicked on any links, which links had been clicked on and whether the emails had been forwarded to anyone else which was a very useful indication of the level of interest of the email recipients. We could then send more targeted emails to those who seemed keen to receive information.
We found excellent homes for all the puppies and truly believe that the quality of the website contributed hugely to this.